Skip to content

High Voltage Leakage/Breakdown Voltage Tester Project

I have finished (mostly) the leakage tester project, the final video is scheduled to go live on Saturday morning.

I had a couple of weird issues I had to resolve, I was seeing skewed voltage and current readings at higher levels. The zener diodes that I was using to clamp the inputs of the Arduino as protection were turning on too soon and starting to clamp, effectively changing the resistor divider ratios, I ended up removing the voltage sensing ones, and changing the current sensing one to a 6.2V instead.

The final design will need avalanche diodes, probably 5.6V rated.